Background

Friday, September 17, 2010

Vase Face

In my lifetime, I have only acquired a couple scars. All of them are memorable to me. The most tragic scar on my body is sitting right above my left brow. It is a light pink oval that only appears during the cold seasons.

My scar was given to me when I was only at the age of four. I had gone on a family trip to see the Christmas lights at the Temple. After we were done awing, my parent’s made the decision that we were going to drive home, instead of staying with family members in the area. Two hours of driving was exhausting for me after such a busy day and the instant we walked in my house, I was out on my couch. Sitting above my couch are several shelves with miscellaneous items on them, such as pictures and plants. My mother purchased a brand new, clay vase while we were on our trip. She decided the best place for her new vase would be on the highest shelf, which also happened to be the fullest shelf. She still managed to mush it in with the rest of the decorations and it sat precariously on the edge, right above my head, while I slept obliviously. My younger brother, wearing a football helmet, accidentally ran into the wall. This caused to the vase to topple off of the shelf and land right on my head.

I woke up alone in the back seat of my neighbor’s car, with the worst head ache of my life. My parents sat in the front seat and their voices sounded very agitated. I was very confused as to why I was in a car and not on my couch. I was also unsure why my head hurt so much and why it felt wet. I asked my mother and she just told me everything was fine. Knowing she was lying, I flipped on the light and took a quick glance in the mirror. I was horrified to find blood dripping down my face and starting going into hysterics. After I calmed down, I begged my mom to let me see my wound again. I am honestly not sure why I wanted to see it. She said no, I looked anyways, and once again had a fit. I blacked out during my fit. The next thing I can remember is looking into a light with a man poking my eyebrow. The rest is blackness.

No comments:

Post a Comment