Background

Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big One

I have recently been faced with one of the hardest choices I have had to make. I am forced to choose between doing High School Cheerleading or All-Star Cheerleading my senior year at Emery High School. On one hand, I love high school. I have improved my cheerleading skills immensely this year. My toe-touches are ten times better than before; my tuck is getting higher and cleaner; my motions are shaper; and my performance ability has grown. In high school, I get much more attention as well… which I thoroughly enjoy. However, those cheerleaders are not as committed as they need to be. It is hard giving your all to a team you care about, when nobody else cares about it the same way. All-Star teams compete. I love competing; it is my favorite part of cheer. Where as, cheer is the largest exponent in my life; competing is obviously an important part in my decision. My heart literally feels torn, but I am going with the All-Star team next year.

1 comment:

  1. It's tough when life becomes so busy that you have to start cutting things that you love because you just don't have the time to devote to them. The up side is that you would rather be great a one thing than mediocre at several.

    ReplyDelete